May 10, 2017
10 TOXIC LABORATORY CHEMICALS
AND WHAT THEY DO TO YOU
Flammable irritant that converts to cyanide once inhaled, ingested, or absorbed through the skin.
Volatile solvent can irritate the skin, eyes, and lungs. It also acts as an anesthetic that depresses the central nervous system.
Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO)
An excellent solvent that can cross healthy, intact skin.
Common fixative that causes dermatitis, sinusitis, and asthma.
A combustible corrosive that can harm the skin and the mucous membranes.
Transforms to formic acid once inside the body and may cause metabolic acidosis and blinding retinal toxicity.
Extremely toxic skin irritant that can cause headaches, dangerously low blood pressure, and even heart failure.
Strong bases like sodium hydroxide saponify fatty acids and destroy cell membranes.
Causes allergic contact dermatitis.
A flammable solvent that produces shock-sensitive, explosive peroxides over time.
Even the most common laboratory chemical can still do you harm. Do not put your safety at risk.
Esco Lifesciences (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
30 NP Building 4th Floor, Soi Rama IX 55, Suanluang, Suanluang district, Bangkok 10250
+66 2187 2216 | +66 2187 2207