Air Shower Pass Box Construction
air shower significantly reduces surface contamination on materials
entering or exiting the controlled environment. Materials entering or
exiting the controlled environment are “scrubbed” by high velocity ULPA
filtered air jets with velocities of 25 m/s (4921 fpm). Contaminated air
is then drawn through the base within the unit, filtered and
- An array of stainless steel nozzles direct high-velocity jets within the chamber.
- Air shower duration is adjustable. Standard factory pre-set is 12 seconds in both directions.
Blower and Filtration Systems
construction qualifies the air shower pass box for the most demanding
controlled environment applications. The unit is fully assembled and
ready to install and operate when shipped. All components are designed
for maximum chemical resistance and enhanced durability for a long
- Electrical interlock maintains cleanroom integrity by preventing both doors from being opened at the same time.
- The air shower is constructed of electrogalvanized steel sheets with an abrasion resistant oven-baked powder coated finish.
- The pass box base surface is constructed of perforated stainless steel, making the work zone easy to clean.
- Acrylic doors provide a clear view of the internal chamber.
Air Shower Pass Boxes use German made ebm-papst® permanently
lubricated, centrifugal motor/blowers with external rotor designs.
Selected for energy efficiency, compact design, and flat profile, the
completely integrated blower assembly optimizes motor cooling, with
unified rotating parts and overall component balance for smooth, quiet,
vibration-free operation. Weight is equally distributed to all bearings
to extend bearing life.
- ULPA filter(s) provide 99.999% typical
efficiency for particle sizes at 0.1 to 0.3 microns. Esco Air Shower
filters meet the IEST-RP-CC001.3 recommended practice for HEPA
performance (USA), and EN 1822 for H13 performance (EU).
- A disposable pre-filter with 85% arrestance extends the life of the main filter.
|EQU/00-EAS-PB||1120 x 540 x 1500||800 x 500 x 600||-||25(m/s) /|
Optional UV lamp, must be factory fitted, specify when ordering.